Beef Carcase Traits Project
The Beef Carcase Traits Project collates data from BCMS and abattoirs to produce Estimated Breeding Values for economically important carcase traits, like Days to Slaughter, Carcase Weight, Carcase Conformation and Carcase Fat Class.
The project has been funded by AHDB Beef and Lamb, AHDB Dairy and HCC with widespread industry support – with major inputs from both abattoirs and Breed Societies. Data analysis is provided by the EGENEs team at SRUC.
For more information, please see the following documents:
- Factsheet 1 Beef Carcase Traits
- Factsheet 2 Interpreting Beef Carcase Traits
- Interpretation of Beef Carcase Traits – Version 9
- Beef Carcase Traits Project Update Dec 17
- Carcase Trait Evaluations – Final Report