New breeding tools will help beef farmers boost profits Read more...
RamCompare project delivers new Breeding Values for carcase traits Read more...
Signet Meetings for Terminal Sire Breeders Read more...
RamCompare Update: Free semen available to pedigree breeding flocks Read more...
When you get your herd report
1. Check the information is correct and inform Signet of any amendments.
2. Review your genetic progress over time. Are you meeting your breeding objectives? Ensure that the genetic merit of youngstock coming in to the breeding herd is increasing year on year and identify traits that need to be improved/changed.
3. Identify potential stock bulls using the information at your disposal. EBVs for animals that are not in your herd are available from a number of sources:
- From the breeder/owner
- From the sale catalogues
- Breed society website
- AI companies
- Promising young bull lists (available by clicking here or from the breed society or the breeder/owner)
- Sire and dam summaries (from breed society or the breeder/owner)
- Young bull promotion scheme (via breed society).