Performance recording gives breeders and bull buyers an objective way of assessing the genetic merit of breeding animals through the production of Estimated Breeding Values (EBVs).
EBVs provide a recognised way to add value to your cattle and to improve your herd.
There are two main reasons to record with Signet:
1. Improve your marketing:
- At sales – where there is an increasing commercial demand for EBVs
- From home – where EBVs can support the breeding claims of homebred bulls
- On-line – where bulls and semen sales can be promoted using EBVs.
2. Improve your herd:
- With an independent and accurate assessment of carcase traits
- With EBVs for traits of commercial and economic importance
If you want to take your herd forward, add value to your breeding stock and promote your genetics – then start recording with Signet.