DATA DEADLINES & PUBLICATION DATES – 2017
Click here for a full list of data deadlines and publication dates.
Breeders wishing to have their data included in Signet’s across-herd evaluations must ensure data is received in a timely manner.
Documents assisting in the interpretation of breeding reports can be found in Technical publications.
Bull buyers are also encouraged to read our fact sheets:
New ‘Ultrasound Scanning Beef Cattle’ Leaflet Available
If you want to improve carcase conformation you need to measure it.
Ultrasound scanning enables breeders to assess the carcase quality of their cattle by measuring muscle and fat depth in the live animal.
To view the booklet or to download as a pdf, please click on the link below.
Ultrasound Scanning Beef Cattle
To read the latest reports on a particular breed just select the appropriate breed in the table below.
|British Blonde||Lincoln Red||Stabiliser|
In this section
- Technical Information
- Why is Genetic Improvement Important?
- Selecting the Right Bull
- Estimated Breeding Values
- Interpreting Estimated Breeding Values
- Breeding Indexes
- Accuracy Values
- Ultrasound Scanning Beef Cattle
- Recording Scrotal Circumference
- Genome Wide Selection
- Bull Buying Tips
- Breeding Factsheets and Publications
- Sale Cards and Promotional Material
- EBLEX publications
- EBLEX Young Bull Providing Scheme
- Electronic Data Transfer
- The Genetics of Polling
- Inbreeding and How to Manage It
- Downloading EBV's from the Internet
- Online Beef EBV Training Package
- Cattle EBV Trials