North Yorkshire Swaledale Breeders’ Group unveil three year project findings Read more...
Value of Performance Recording shines through at Kelso Read more...
Sandyknowe Suffolk trade soars Read more...
North Yorkshire Moors Swaledale Group: Final Year Open Day Read more...
Limousin Recording from 1st April 2013
From 1st April 2013 the performance recording services for the Limousin breed will be undertaken by the British Limousin Cattle Society. The Society have written to their members to explain how the service will opperate. Further technical documents can be downloaded here.
- Quick Start Guide to Online Calf Registration and Performance Recording
- Detailed Guide – Online Calf Registration and Performance Recording
Limousin Reports from the British Cattle Breeders Club
Darren Todd and colleagues at SAC have presented to new posters relating to the Limousin Breed. Copies are reproduced here with permission of the author.
- Breeding Structure of the UK Limousin Population
- Genomic Selection for Carcase Traits in UK Limousin Cattle
Go back to Latest Reports
In this section
- Technical Information
- Why is Genetic Improvement Important?
- Selecting the Right Bull
- Estimated Breeding Values
- Interpreting Estimated Breeding Values
- Breeding Indexes
- Accuracy Values
- Ultrasound Scanning Beef Cattle
- Recording Scrotal Circumference
- Genome Wide Selection
- Bull Buying Tips
- Breeding Factsheets and Publications
- Sale Cards and Promotional Material
- EBLEX publications
- EBLEX Young Bull Providing Scheme
- Electronic Data Transfer
- The Genetics of Polling
- Inbreeding and How to Manage It
- Downloading EBV's from the Internet
- Online Beef EBV Training Package
- Cattle EBV Trials