North Yorkshire Swaledale Breeders’ Group unveil three year project findings Read more...
Value of Performance Recording shines through at Kelso Read more...
Sandyknowe Suffolk trade soars Read more...
North Yorkshire Moors Swaledale Group: Final Year Open Day Read more...
Free Semen from Promising Young Bulls
AHDB Beef and Lamb are currently promoting the use of semen from recorded young bulls with high EBVs by enabling breeders to access semen free of charge.
- To promote rapid genetic improvement via reduced generation intervals and improved selection differentials.
- To improve the accuracy of Estimated Breeding Values (EBVs) by increasing the connectedness (related animals) among herds.
Nominations to the AHDB Beef and Lamb Young Bull Proving Scheme are made by the relevant Breed Society, who is also responsible for the collection and distribution of semen to performance recorded herds.
In this section
- Technical Information
- Why is Genetic Improvement Important?
- Selecting the Right Bull
- Estimated Breeding Values
- Interpreting Estimated Breeding Values
- Breeding Indexes
- Accuracy Values
- Ultrasound Scanning Beef Cattle
- Recording Scrotal Circumference
- Genome Wide Selection
- Bull Buying Tips
- Breeding Factsheets and Publications
- Sale Cards and Promotional Material
- EBLEX publications
- EBLEX Young Bull Providing Scheme
- Electronic Data Transfer
- The Genetics of Polling
- Inbreeding and How to Manage It
- Downloading EBV's from the Internet
- Online Beef EBV Training Package
- Cattle EBV Trials