Signet’s new genetic analysis: The National Terminal Sire Evaluation Read more...
New breeding tools will help beef farmers boost profits Read more...
RamCompare project delivers new Breeding Values for carcase traits Read more...
Signet Meetings for Terminal Sire Breeders Read more...
Signet clients can supply data to Signet in an electronic format.
All clients must supply data in exactly the same format – using identities for the sires and dams of their calves which exactly match the identities of these animals held on BASCO.
If you are using Farm or Herd Management Software to store your records, then it may be worth speaking to your software provider about the facility to export data to Signet.
The file specification for supplying new animals records is shown below. This file can be used to supply details for new animals (purchased cows and bulls) or calving information.
An Excel template is also available. This Excel file has an example in the top row.
In this section
- Technical Information
- Why is Genetic Improvement Important?
- Selecting the Right Bull
- Estimated Breeding Values
- Interpreting Estimated Breeding Values
- Breeding Indexes
- Accuracy Values
- Ultrasound Scanning Beef Cattle
- Recording Scrotal Circumference
- Genome Wide Selection
- Bull Buying Tips
- Breeding Factsheets and Publications
- Sale Cards and Promotional Material
- EBLEX publications
- EBLEX Young Bull Providing Scheme
- Electronic Data Transfer
- The Genetics of Polling
- Inbreeding and How to Manage It
- Downloading EBV's from the Internet
- Online Beef EBV Training Package
- Cattle EBV Trials