Click here to read the latest leaflet from SRUC detailing the CT scanning services they offer both in Edinburgh and with their new mobile scanning unit.
The CT scanning dates at specific locations are listed in the table below. Please note that the mobile scanner has been provisionally booked for these dates but, as usual, we need to have a minimum of 100 lambs over 2 days for each scanning session with the mobile scanner. Numbers at Edinburgh are more flexible.
Please contact SRUC if you have other requirements for location and date – if their is suitable demand, new dates and sites can be considered
CT Scanning Dates 2019
|Scan Date||Scan Site||Booking Deadline|
|1st – 2nd May||Stoneleigh / Tiverton||1st April|
|6th – 7th May||Edinburgh|
|28th – 29th May||Thainstone||26th April|
|5th June||North Sheep|
|25th June||Dunganon Market||27th May|
|26th – 27th June||Loughgall NI||AFBI lambs|
|2nd, 3rd, 4th July||Stoneleigh||3rd June|
|8th – 9th July||Edinburgh|
|20th August||Aberystwyth||22nd July|
|21st – 22nd August||Aberystwyth||Innovis lambs|
|24th – 25th September||Tiverton||26th August|
Please note, any eligible breed can be scanned on any of the dates above providing SRUC is notified in advance. Contact Kirsty to enquire, email: [email protected]
CT Scan Charges
CT scan charges are normally subsidised by the relevant bodies. Unsubsidised charges are as follows:
- Edinburgh – £70/lamb
- Mobile Site – £97/lamb
The subsidy will apply to male lambs only and will be for a minimum of 5 lambs per flock, with a selection of sires represented.
Please note their have been changes to CT subsidy for 2019.
£55/lamb to a strict maximum of 8 lambs/flock. Subsidy will be limited to breeds included in The National Terminal Sire Evaluation.
50% of per lamb cost to a maximum of 15 lambs/flock or 10 lambs per flock where a breeder is scanning multiple flocks.
Awaiting confirmation but expected to be the same as QMS.
Are your lambs eligible for CT scanning and the relevant subsidy?
- A minimum of 5 lambs from each flock is required to allow evaluations to be as accurate as possible.
- Only male lambs are eligible for subsidy but we are happy to scan both males and females
- Lambs must be starved for a minimum of 4 hours before scanning
- Ideally lambs should be back-fat scanned before they come for CT
- Lambs should be around 17 – 24 weeks of age at CT scanning. Younger lambs must be well grown (around 40kg)
- Mobile sites have been booked for a minimum of 2 days at each session. We must have 50 lambs per day, booked in for scanning, to enable a session to go ahead
- Lambs withdrawn 10 days before the scan date will be charged at the full unsubsidised rate
To book your place, or to enquire about CT scanning your lambs, contact Kirsty
Email: [email protected]