Members can take advantage of the services on offer from all of our service providers and can use the data for both EBV generation and assessment for the use of anthelmintics.
Contact details for all our FEC service providers are shown below.
- Techion UK. Peithyll, Capel Dewi, Aberystwyth SY23 3HU. Tel: 01970 821918, Email: [email protected]
- SAC Veterinary Services. SAC Veterinary Services, Mill of Craibstone, Aberdeen, AB21 9TB Tel: 01224 711177 Email: [email protected]
- Hannah Rose Research and Consulting Ltd. 95 Blackcurrant Drive, Long Ashton, North Somerset. BS41 9FP. Tel: 07812 635124 Email: [email protected]
Signet understands that SAC will be charging approximately £6.50 per FEC sample for batches of 10 or more samples (plus VAT); with some additional costs arising relating to the provision and postage of sampling kits. Hannah is charging between £5 and £6 depending on sample volume and Techion are charging between £5 and £6 depending on sample volume.
As in previous years, levy support is available to cover some of the cost.
- In England – support of £3.50/sample is available from AHDB Beef and Lamb. Claims for lambs born in 2016 must be made by 31st March 2017. Support will only be paid where samples have not already been subject to funded support from a third party organisation. Funding will only be paid on samples undertaken by one of the approved labs listed above, unless by prior
agreement with AHDB.
- In Wales and Scotland contact HCC (Gwawr Parry [email protected]) and QMS (Emily Grant [email protected]) for information about arrangements in Wales and Scotland.