- Lambs recorded: 2440 over three years
- 270ha of grassland on the edge of the North Hampshire Downs
- 1,400 Lleyn ewes which outside graze year-round
- 70 ewes in each single-sire mating groups for four weeks ensures concise lambing
- Lambing commercial and pedigree ewes outdoors in May, all lambs fully recorded
- Commercial lambs finished from grass/silage aftermath in autumn.
Key finding: “I see the sheep world changing over the next few years. The technical data that RamCompare continues to generate will become very important to enable us as an industry to produce what the consumer wants at the right price.” Ian Robertson.