EBLEX Ram Linkage Scheme - New Round Opens July 2013
A new round of nominations has opened - please see updated press release and guidance notes belowPress Release: EBLEX Ram Linkage ProgrammeGuidelines: EBLEX Ram Linkage ProgrammeFree Semen from High EBV Rams
EBLEX are currently promoting the use of semen from recorded rams with high EBVs by enabling breeders to access semen free of charge.
The objective of this scheme are :-
- To increase flock connectedness, strengthening the quality of Signet breeding evaluations.
- To provide a short-term injection of elite genetics into a breed, with the additional benefits if these sires are widely used and their genes retained in the population.
- To increase the profile of recording within Breeds and Societies
The project summary and guideline details can be found in the documents here - the EBLEX Ram Linkage Programme - Guidelines
and the EBLEX Ram Linkage Programme - Project Summary
Semen from the following rams are currently available :-
- Handbank Madoc(Texel) contact Norman Johnson (01254 878065 or 07740 618567) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lowther Lad (Lleyn) contact Graham Shepherd (01772 690333 or 07778 191964) or email email@example.com
New for 2012
- Avon Vale Real Deal - MQZ1000044(Texel) If you would like to reserve semen please contact Peter Mitchell
Tel 01684 295177; Mobile 07887 995129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Morley Malik (Shropshire) Click here for details or contact Graham and Claire Jakeman Tel: 01244 301546
New for 2013
Texel ram "East Middle Superior SCE1100680". If you would like to reserve semen please contact Jim Fingleton. Tel: 07904 160856 or email: email@example.com