The Bleu du Maine breed is now part of the National Terminal Sire Evaluation. Please follow the link below for current results and literature.
At the heart of the Bleu du Maine Evaluation is a Sire Referencing Scheme “Blue Sires” which aims to identify elite breeding lines within the Bleu du Maine breed. Members of the group are proactive in the exchange of high EBV breeding lines and use of the latest technology, such as ultrasound scanning.
Active members of Blue Sires include:
- Julie Bury (JUB), Malthouse Barn, Standlake, Oxford, OX8 7QW Tel: 01865 300339 Email: [email protected]
- Mrs Laine Daff (BLG), Greenside Cottage, Old Barn Road, Uplawmoor, Renfrewshire, G78 4BA Tel: 01505 850233 Email: [email protected]
- Robin Johnson (AP), Low Whinholme, Danby Whisk, Northallerton, N. Yorks DL7 0AS Tel: 01325 378212 Email: [email protected]
- Janet Richardson (JER), Rumwell Lodge, Taunton, Somerset, TA4 1EJ Tel: 01823 461249 Email: [email protected]
For more information about the Blue Sires group go to Bleu du Maine Sires.
Go back to Latest Reports
In this section
- Technical Information
- Why is Genetic Improvement Important?
- Selecting the Right Ram
- Estimated Breeding Values
- Interpreting Estimated Breeding Values
- Breeding Indexes
- Accuracy Values
- Ultrasound Scanning
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scanning
- Ram Buying Tips
- Performance Recording your Pedigree flock
- Electronic Data Transfer
- Downloading EBV's from the Internet
- Inbreeding - How to Manage it
- Inbreeding - Publications and Resources
- Recessive Inherited Diseases
- On-line Training Package
- Filling in your Ram Sale Cards
- Marketing Breeding Sheep for Better Returns
- Breeding Fit for Purpose Rams - a Blueprint for Breeders
- Print EBV Sale Charts Online
- Recording Lambing Ease and Birth Weight