The Hampshire Down breed is now part of the National Terminal Sire Evaluation. Please follow the link below for current results and literature.
How to buy a recorded Hampshire Down ram – June 2019
See our YouTube webinar How to buy a recorded Hampshire down ram – Emma Steele
Signet Service Update Webinar – 10 April 2019
Click the link to watch the latest Hampshire Down webinar where Sam and Emma explain updates about the Signet service. Points of interest include the National Terminal Sire Evaluation, Hamps on RamCompare and the new Signet database.
HDSBA Performance Recording Workshop, Edinburgh Marriot Hotel, October 2017
On the 7th October, speakers from Signet, SRUC and QMS met with Hampshire Down breeders in Scotland to discuss performance recording with both current and prospective Sheepbreeder clients.
Signet Presentations are available below:
- Why and How to Record in 2018 – Emma Steele
- Genetic Improvement and RamCompare – Emma Steele
- Changes for 2018 Evaluations – Sam Boon
Hampshire Down Connectedness Run – Autumn 2017
This Excel sheet shows the connectedness (genetic linkage) between individual flocks within the breed analysis. Whilst colour categories show the degree of linkage between flocks as being adequate (green), limited (amber) and low (red) the most important aspect of this report is the relative ranking of flocks to each other – something that can be deduced from looking at this table.
For more information about connectedness, click here.
Hampshire Down National Show and Sale – July 2017
Click the here to read the report from the National Show and Sale.
RamCompare Update – January 2017
Click the link to read the latest RamCompare update for the Hampshire Down breed
Hampshire Down Inbreeding
Click the link to read the latest report on inbreeding rates within the national Hampshire Down flock and see trends over the last 15 years. Also included, an explanation on how to interpret inbreeding values on BASCO and links to use the new BASCO inbreeding tool.
Go back to Latest Reports
In this section
- Technical Information
- Why is Genetic Improvement Important?
- Selecting the Right Ram
- Estimated Breeding Values
- Interpreting Estimated Breeding Values
- Breeding Indexes
- Accuracy Values
- Ultrasound Scanning
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scanning
- Ram Buying Tips
- Performance Recording your Pedigree flock
- Electronic Data Transfer
- Downloading EBV's from the Internet
- Inbreeding - How to Manage it
- Inbreeding - Publications and Resources
- Recessive Inherited Diseases
- On-line Training Package
- Filling in your Ram Sale Cards
- Marketing Breeding Sheep for Better Returns
- Breeding Fit for Purpose Rams - a Blueprint for Breeders
- Print EBV Sale Charts Online
- Recording Lambing Ease and Birth Weight