The Suffolk breed is now part of the National Terminal Sire Evaluation. Please follow the link below for current results and literature.
Suffolk rams and semen – July 2019
- List of Suffolk rams and semen available from a group of Signet recorded flocks compiled by Suffolk breeders– July 2019
Welsh Suffolk breeders get funding boost – Sept 2018
- Read more in Latest News
Suffolk Connectedness – March 2018
Thinking of recording your Suffolk sheep?
The new Signet fee structure gives the Suffolk breed a great opportunity to get involved in recording, click here to read the latest leaflet from AHDB Beef & Lamb promoting the importance of recording to new breeders.
RamCompare Update – January 2017
Click the link to read the latest RamCompare update for the Suffolk breed
Click the link to read the latest report on inbreeding rates within the national Suffolk flock and see trends over the last 15 years. Also included, an explanation on how to interpret inbreeding values on BASCO and links to use the new BASCO inbreeding tool.
A Maternal Breeding Index for Suffolk Sheep
Egenes were asked by Signet and the Suffolk Sheep Society to develop a maternal index for the Suffolk breed. It was suggested that this index mimic the Dorset maternal index and include litter size, maternal ability and eight week weight as the selection criteria.
This document includes information on the genetic parameters and a new base for the index.
Go back to Latest Reports
In this section
- Technical Information
- Why is Genetic Improvement Important?
- Selecting the Right Ram
- Estimated Breeding Values
- Interpreting Estimated Breeding Values
- Breeding Indexes
- Accuracy Values
- Ultrasound Scanning
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scanning
- Ram Buying Tips
- Performance Recording your Pedigree flock
- Electronic Data Transfer
- Downloading EBV's from the Internet
- Inbreeding - How to Manage it
- Inbreeding - Publications and Resources
- Recessive Inherited Diseases
- On-line Training Package
- Filling in your Ram Sale Cards
- Marketing Breeding Sheep for Better Returns
- Breeding Fit for Purpose Rams - a Blueprint for Breeders
- Print EBV Sale Charts Online
- Recording Lambing Ease and Birth Weight