Signet welcome the recording of non-society Texel animals as part of the National Terminal Sire Evaluation. Please follow the link below for current results and literature.
RamCompare Update – January 2017
Click the link to read the latest RamCompare update for the Texel breed
Click the link to read the latest report on inbreeding rates within the national Texel flock and see trends over the last 15 years. Also included, an explanation on how to interpret inbreeding values on BASCO and links to use the new BASCO inbreeding tool.
Texel National Sale Reports 2016
Click the link to read the reports for the English and Scottish national Texel sales.
Click the link to read the Welsh national Texel sale report.
Breeding Charts for the National Texel Sales in Scotland, England & Wales 2015
The links below show pdfs of the Breeding Charts for the National Sales in 2015
Texel CT scanning explained
Click here to for more information on CT scanning and how it can benefit your flock.
Articles published in the Feburary 2012 Texel Society Bulletin
- Performance Recording a New Texel Flock
- Assessing Genetic Variation in Lambing Ease and Birth Weight
Go back to Latest Reports
In this section
- Technical Information
- Why is Genetic Improvement Important?
- Selecting the Right Ram
- Estimated Breeding Values
- Interpreting Estimated Breeding Values
- Breeding Indexes
- Accuracy Values
- Ultrasound Scanning
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scanning
- Ram Buying Tips
- Performance Recording your Pedigree flock
- Electronic Data Transfer
- Downloading EBV's from the Internet
- Inbreeding - How to Manage it
- Inbreeding - Publications and Resources
- Recessive Inherited Diseases
- On-line Training Package
- Filling in your Ram Sale Cards
- Marketing Breeding Sheep for Better Returns
- Breeding Fit for Purpose Rams - a Blueprint for Breeders
- Print EBV Sale Charts Online
- Recording Lambing Ease and Birth Weight