Signet’s new genetic analysis: The National Terminal Sire Evaluation Read more...
New breeding tools will help beef farmers boost profits Read more...
RamCompare project delivers new Breeding Values for carcase traits Read more...
Signet Meetings for Terminal Sire Breeders Read more...
Signet clients can supply data to Signet in an electronic format.
All clients must supply data in exactly the same format – using identities for the sires and dams of their lambs which exactly match the identities of these animals held on BASCO.
If you are using Farm or Flock Management Software to store your records, then it may be worth speaking to your software provider about the facility to export data to Signet.
The file specification for supplying new animals records is shown below. This file can be used to supply details for new animals (purchased ewes and rams) or lambing information.
An Excel template is also available. This Excel file has an example in the top row.
In this section
- Technical Information
- Why is Genetic Improvement Important?
- Selecting the Right Ram
- Estimated Breeding Values
- Interpreting Estimated Breeding Values
- Breeding Indexes
- Accuracy Values
- Ultrasound Scanning
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scanning
- Ram Buying Tips
- Performance Recording your Pedigree flock
- Electronic Data Transfer
- Downloading EBV's from the Internet
- Inbreeding - How to Manage it
- Inbreeding - Publications and Resources
- Recessive Inherited Diseases
- On-line Training Package
- Filling in your Ram Sale Cards
- Marketing Breeding Sheep for Better Returns
- Breeding Fit for Purpose Rams - a Blueprint for Breeders
- Print EBV Sale Charts Online
- Recording Lambing Ease and Birth Weight