North Yorkshire Swaledale Breeders’ Group unveil three year project findings Read more...
Value of Performance Recording shines through at Kelso Read more...
Sandyknowe Suffolk trade soars Read more...
North Yorkshire Moors Swaledale Group: Final Year Open Day Read more...
In 2014 the BASCO website was updated to:-
1). Publish inbreeding co-efficients
2). Provide breeders with access to software to manage inbreeding
The new Inbreeding Software can be accessed by logging into the BASCO website linked here.
A range of publications have been written to assist breeders in managing inbreeding.
- Managing inbreeding within sheep breeding programmes – June 2014
- Instructions for using inbreeding software: Forming Groups
- Instructions for using inbreeding software: How to interpret results
- Final project report for Spark Award regarding the inbreeding tool
For more information on inbreeding click Inbreeding – How to Manage It
In this section
- Technical Information
- Why is Genetic Improvement Important?
- Selecting the Right Ram
- Estimated Breeding Values
- Interpreting Estimated Breeding Values
- Breeding Indexes
- Accuracy Values
- Ultrasound Scanning
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scanning
- Ram Buying Tips
- Performance Recording your Pedigree flock
- Electronic Data Transfer
- Downloading EBV's from the Internet
- Inbreeding - How to Manage it
- Inbreeding - Publications and Resources
- Recessive Inherited Diseases
- On-line Training Package
- Filling in your Ram Sale Cards
- Marketing Breeding Sheep for Better Returns
- Breeding Fit for Purpose Rams - a Blueprint for Breeders
- Print EBV Sale Charts Online
- Recording Lambing Ease and Birth Weight